No HQ symbol is found on the Action Card, so no Event occurs.
Friendly Command Phase
- BN HQ Impulse - Not on the map, so CO HQ is activated automatically.
- CO HQ Impulse - Draw a 1/0 card. -1 for Green, = 0 Activations (& 2 Saved). Activate 1st Plt HQ & 3rd Plt HQ.
- 1st PLT HQ - Draw a 1/0 card. -1 for Green = 0 Activation (& 1 Saved).
- 3rd PLT HQ - Draw a 5/3 card. -1 for Green, +1 under Cover = 5 Activations (& 2 Saved)
OK, well, 1st PLT is taking no initiative this turn either.
Luckily 3rd PLT is ready to move and 2nd PLT has 3 saved commands, so they will be responsible for the majority of action this turn, which involves re-occupying the AP and moving from the Village into the Orchard/Grove (R2C1) to clear that Row.
Activation Segment - Orders:
- 3rd PLT: Orders a Cease Fire for his card, removing the PDF pointing toward the Orchard/Grove (R1C2). The VOF remains, coming from the S/C Fire Team in R1C1.
- 3rd PLT: Orders 2/3rd to Infiltrate to the Orchard/Grove (R1C2). 2/3rd draws 2 cards, and successfully infiltrates, so it moves to the card and into the Cover marker (left behind by the Sniper), but is not marked as exposed. 2/3rd opens fire on the Orchard/Grove at R3C1, which changes the VOF to Small Arms, and adds a Crossfire marker.
- 3rd PLT: The Platoon moves into cover, which moves the 3/3rd and the PLT HQ to the Upper Story cover marker, joining the 3Wpns (Bazooka). The units are marked as Exposed. But at least now they are all in Communication.
- 3rd PLT: Saves 3 Commands.
- 2nd PLT HQ: Draw a 2/1 card. -1 for Green; +1 for Pinned = 1 Activations (& 3 Saved).
- 2nd PLT: Platoon move, with 2/2nd & 2Wpns (MG) to the AP. All go into Cover and are marked as Exposed. They open fire on the Sniper in the Hedgerow/Bocage (R3C2), placing an Automatic Weapons VOF.
- XO: 1 Activation (Saved)
- 1st SGT: 1 Activation (& 4 Saved)
- 1st SGT: Activates the Jeep.
- 1st Sgt: Orders the Fire Team to Transport the Casualties.
- 1st SGT: Attempts to Rally the Litter Team. Draws 2 cards, but is not successful.
- General Initiative: Draw a 3/1 Card. 1 Activation.
General Initiative Orders:
The US Fire Team in the Orchard/Grove (R1C1) moves, with the Casualties, back to the Staging Area. This removes the PDF and VOF into R2C1 and results in the Casualties being evacuated.
Offensive Mission: Higher HQ Event
No HQ symbol appears.
Offensive Mission: Enemy Activity Phase
- German Sniper (R2C1): The Sniper is spotted so he moves back to the Hedgerow/Bocage (R4C2). His PDF and Sniper Marker and VOF are removed from the Cemetery (R2C2), which removes the Crossfire Marker. He targets the AP instead (R2C3), placing a PDF, Crossfire Marker, and a Sniper Marker, targeting 2Wpns (MG) (by random draw). Because the Sniper is moving along the PDF, the VOF & PDF from 2Wpns (MG) move along with him into his new card, where he is Marked as Exposed.
- German Paralyzed LAT (R3C1): This unit is pinned under cover. A draw of "4" (out of 4) indicates he Falls Back, into the same card as the Sniper.
- German A/C Fire Team (R3C4): This unit is pinned under cover on a US-occupied card. A draw of "5" (out of 5) indicates he Falls Back to the Woods (R4C4), joining the units there in Cover, and being Marked as Exposed. Though he joins the units on this card in firing at the Cemetery, it does not change the VOF, since he is Pinned. The German VOF on the Woods (R3C4) is removed, however.
- German Paralyzed LAT (R3C4): This unit is a Paralyzed Team on a US-occupied card. He automatically does nothing.
- German S/C Fire Team (R4C4): This unit does nothing, as far as I can tell.
- German 1/3rd Plt (R4C4): He has opened fire, but is not under fire. A draw of "2" (out of 2) indicates he attempts to Concentrate Fire, drawing 2 cards without effect.
Mutual Capture & Retreat Phase
No one meets the criteria, so this is skipped.
Mutual Vehicle-Aircraft Phase
The Jeep was activated. It (and the 1st SGT) move from the Orchard/Grove (R1C1) back to the Staging Area.
Mutual Combat Phase
Update Fire Missions
There are no Fire Missions to Update, so this is skipped.
Evaluate Potential Contact Markers
- Orchard/Grove (R2C1): Potential Contact "A". Three cards drawn, no contact.
Combat Effects Segment
The US 3/1st in the Orchard/Grove (R1C3) and the German A/C Fire Team (R4C4) have their Pinned markers removed, since their cards are not under any VOF.
Once again, resolving from lower left to upper right.
- US Fire Team in Cemetery (R2C2): +0 for Small Arms VOF; +1 for Card; +3 for Cover; +1 for Pinned. Final Modifier is +5. The result is MISS so the Fire Team is no longer Pinned.
- US 1/1st Plt in Cemetery (R2C2): +0 for Small Arms VOF; +1 for Card; +3 for Cover; +1 for Pinned. Final Modifier is +5. The result is HIT and the Hit Effect for "Line" is "C" so the 1/1st is removed and Casualty and Fire team put in its place.
- US 2/1st Plt in Cemetery (R2C2): +0 for Small Arms VOF; +1 for Card; +3 for Cover; +1 for Pinned. Final Modifier is +5. The result is PIN.
- US 2Wpns (MG) in Hedgerow/Bocage (R2C3): -3 for Sniper VOF; -2 for Exposed; +2 for card; +1 for Cover. Final Modifier is -2. The result is HIT and the Hit Effect for Line is "P" so 2Wpns (MG) is replaced by a Paralyzed LAT, which is Pinned.
- US 2/2nd in Hedgerow/Bocage (R2C3): +0 for Small Arms VOF; -2 for Exposed; +2 for card; +1 for Cover. Final Modifier is +1. The result is MISS.
- US 2nd PLT HQ in Hedgerow/Bocage (R2C3): +0 for Small Arms VOF; -2 for Exposed; +2 for card; +1 for Cover. Final Modifier is +1. The result is PIN.
- German Paralyzed LAT in Woods (R3C3): +0 for Small Arms VOF; +2 for Card; +1 for Cover. Final Modifier is +3. The result is a MISS.
- German Sniper in Hedgerow/Bocage (R4C1): -1 for Automatic Fire; +1 for Card (firing over white edge); -2 for Exposed. Final Modifier is -2. The result is a HIT and the Hit Effect for Line is "PF" so the Sniper is changed into a Paralyzed LAT.
- German Paralyzed LAT in Hedgerow/Bocage (R4C1): -1 for Automatic Fire; +1 for Card (firing over white edge); -2 for Exposed. Final Modifier is -2. The result is a HIT and the Hit Effect for Green is "FC" and since this Step is an LAT, the "F" result is ignored, although the unit is Pinned.
Changes to VOF and PDFs:
- With the Sniper gone, firing on the AP (R2C3) stops so the VOF. PDFs, and Sniper marker are all removed.
- Likewise, with 2Wpns (MG) gone, the VOF on the Sniper's card changes to Small Arms.
I believe I am well set up to take the last two Objectives and, barring a counter-attack, this mission looks in good shape right now.